Latest Retail News – 28/7/2019
1. Crabtree & Evelyn to return to Australia with new concept stores.
2. South Australia experiences record tourist spend.
3. David Jones cuts Head Office jobs.
4. Bunnings expands click’n’collect to Victoria.
5. Bankruptcy of luxury US department store, Barneys, puts focus on high rents (*).
6. Lamb prices reach record highs.
7. Coles launches homewares range in similar move to Aldi.
8. KFC launches first “drive through only” outlet in Newcastle.
9. More Lego stores to open across Australia.
10. Credit card use declines as “Buy now, pay later” trend booms.
11. Shoplifting is on the rise in Australia.
12. Retail wage under-payer claims award is simply too confusing.
13. Low or no-alcohol drinks booming according to UK report.
14. Luxury retailer, LVMH, says sales up 15%.
15. K-Mart opens NZ’s first 24/7 store.