Latest Retail News – 24/11/2013
1. McDonalds identifies coffee as key product for global sales growth.
2. Bucking Bull carvery opens first Victorian franchised store at Craigieburn.
3. Hong Kong’s Causeway Bay remains world’s most expensive retail location.
4. Dick Smith’s plans first sharemarket offer at $2.20 per share to raise $344m.
5. McDonalds Australia launches company’s first mobile ordering app.
6. Sportsgirl upgrades online offer with better mobile access.
7. Starbucks orders first in-train store on Geneva Airport to St Gallen railway.
8. Senator calls for moratorium on fuel discount dockets until anti-competitive claims are investigated.
9. Sydney Airport looks to upgrade its retail offer with international brands.
10. Myer launches Australia’s first store app with Christmas augmentation.
11. CBA reports October retail sales up 4.1% after 1.4% decline in September.
12. Online wine retailer, Vinomofo, wins Deloitte’s award for fastest business growth.
13. Pumpkin Patch says it faces more downside risks for 2014 profit result.
14. US reports a modest 0.4% increase in October retail sales.
15. US fast fashion brand, Forever 21, to open first Australian store in Brisbane 2014.
16. UK department store stalwart, Debenhams, sets up eBay online store.