Latest Retail News – 18/9/2016
1. Myer says it is ready for UK department store, Debenhams, to challenge Australian market.
2. Shopping centres to focus on fresh food offer and cafes as competition for tenants heats up.
3. Ebay launches special facility to sell old iPhones following iPhone 7 release.
4. Myer doubles profit to $60.5m after raising sales revenue by 3%.
5. Retail sales up a little in July.
6. JB HiFi purchases Good Guys for $870m and becomes Australia’s biggest home appliance retailer.
7. Crust pizza chain launches alcohol delivery.
8. Ikea opens London restaurant where diners assemble food (no, this is not a joke.)
9. Waitrose opens first cashless supermarket in London.
10. Sensis says men outspend women online.