Latest Retail News – 21/5/2017
1. Myer says cyclone partly to blame for drop in third quarter results.
2. Coach buys Kate Spade brand.
3. Woolworth’s online sales up by 20%.
4. French sports giant, Decathlon, plans first Aussie store.
5. Investment bank says JB HiFi and Harvey Norman will be hardest hit by Amazon.
6. Telstra to restructure its retail network.
7. Macy’s reports sales decline for 9th straight quarter.
8. Oroton calls trading halt after sales slipped in April.
9. Global fashion chain, Reiss, opens first Sydney store.
10. Wesfarmers drops plans for Officework’s share market launch.
11. Australian retailers fall behind on fast & free shipping option.
12. Oroton says sales slump ongoing. Predicts 85% earnings slump
13. Jamaica Blue coffee chain continues its expansion.
14. New CEOs at House of Fraser and Marks & Spencer have little relevant experience.
15. New concept convenience store by 7-Eleven has no cash, no card, and no mobile phones. Scanner reads hand vein patterns to charge for goods.
16. Target to set up new headquarters in West Melbourne.