Latest Retail News – 7/5/2017
1. Canadian fashion retailer, Kit & Ace, is closing its 7 Australian stores.
2. Harris Scarfe opens new store in Mackay.
3. South Korea official figures show that luxury brands continue to show losses.
4. RCG, owners of Athlete’s Foot, announce another profit downgrade.
5. Mirvac Retail gets National Heritage Trust Award for its Sydney Tramsheds re-development.
6. Apple sales dip in second quarter.
7. US sports chain, Under Armour, reports first ever loss as wholesale business impacted by bankruptcies.
8. Uniqlo and 7-Eleven combine for fast fashion launch in South Korea.
9. Super Retail Group says sales up despite reduced traffic in shopping centre stores.
10. Kathmandu lifts 3rd quarter sales.
11. Caltex says its loss of Woolworths business will be partly offset by purchase of 46 Milemaker service stations.
12. David Jones takes on Australian sleepwear manufacturer, Homebodii , after successful debut in US.