1. Drugstore, Walgrens in the US, is to introduce frozen food, meal kits, and other food items into 12 of its stores.
2. Laura Ashley is to close all its stores.
3. Caltex has lowered its sales outlook.
4. ASOS downgrades its forecast.
5. Europe’s biggest consumer electronics entity, Ceconomy AG, eliminates dividend and warns of profit drop.
6. Reject Shop prospective buyer urges release of accounts.
7. Australian lingerie brand, Honey Birdette, opens in Los Angeles.
8. Sears to close further 80 stores by March.
9. Amazon achieves record Christmas sales.
10. WA bans plastic bags – retailers face fines.
11. Kathmandu says Christmas sales slow.
12. Apple drops sales projection after slow sales in China.
13. Lowes to refocus on retail fundamentals.
14. Bloomingdales experiments with floor to ceiling screens to create immersive shopping experience.
15. Aldi UK reports “best ever” Christmas trade.
16. Toy retailing to slow in 2019 says Ibisworld.
17. J.C.Penney sales fall.
18. Coles & Woolworths in race for Christmas sales kudos.
19. Noni B ups sales in last 6 months of 2018.
20. Costa share price plummets as reduced demand for F&V predicted for January.
21. Debenhams Chairman out and CEO off board as sales drop.
22. Crabtree & Evelyn to close all Australian stores.
23. Peter Alexander price increase for plus sizes causes social media uproar.