Latest Retail News – 20/11/2016
1. Businesses warned to step up security after thieves raid Officeworks store.
2. Australian shoppers expected to spend $48b this Christmas.
3. Gerry Harvey blames “short sellers” for Harvey Norman share price fall.
4. Liquor giant, Lion, sells off Australian wine brands to Hardy’s.
5. Big W’s CEO resigns.
6. Domino’s lands world’s first genuine pizza delivery by drone.
7. Spaghetti made from seaweed could reach supermarket shelves.
8. Jeanswest, UGG Australia, Swisse, Macro, and Blackmores help Australia reach fourth spot on Alibaba’s Singles Day record turnover.
9. Australia Post to trial extended delivery hours this Christmas.
10. Research suggests that brand loyalty by Australian consumers is falling.
11. Myer debuts new look department store at Warringah Mall.
12. Myer increases sales for fifth straight quarter and shares rise 14.4%.
13. Pizza Hut officially takes over Eagle Boys chain and starts transition to its own brand.
14. Kathmandu expects to match last year’s sales.
15. McGuigan Wines named world’s best winemakers for fourth year in a row.