Latest Retail News – 29/1/2017
1. Cosmetics manufacturer and retailer, MAC Cosmetics, opens first Australian airport store in Adelaide.
2. Burberry’s records strong third quarter sales.
3. Receivers fail to find a buyer for Pumpkin Patch and stores expected to close.
4. Oroton downgrades its first half guidance.
5. Commonwealth Bank says in-store spending in December down 0.2%.
6. Vegemite returns to Australian ownership with Bega purchase.
7. NSW economy is Australia’s best performing.
8. Wesfarmers (Coles, K-Mart, Bunnings) overtakes Woolworths to become 21st largest retailer in the world.
9. McDonalds US comparable sales decrease in last quarter.
10. Ikea adds North Queensland to online shopping availability.