Latest Retail News – 27/8/2017
1. David Jones continues rollout of its new food concept.
2. Homewares retailer, House, considers UK expansion.
3. Coles says current competitive pressures are unprecedented.
4. Walmart’s online sales up 60%.
5. Kogan smashes results forecasts.
6. Michael Hill reports strong earnings despite US difficulties.
7. H&M owned, Cos, opens its third Melbourne store.
8. Cash Converters increases profit despite lower sales revenue.
9. Coca Cola earnings fall.
10. Woolworth’s supermarket sales up - $1.5m profit.
11. Myer replaces Topshop occupied floor space with Forever New.
12. “Dated and tired” Big W chain continues to drain on Woolworths.
13. T.K.Maxx’s performance hit by high Aussie Dollar.
14. Jewellery chain, Lovisa, buoyed by international expansion.
15. Walmart and Google join forces on voice assisted shopping.
16. David Jones sales fall.
17. Surfstitch appoints administrators.
18. Typo continues UK expansion.
19. Beacon Lighting expects record year following Masters exit.