Latest Retail News – 6/5/2018
1. Myer looks beyond retailing with plans for its digital and data expertise.
2. Sainsbury’s and Walmart’s Asda group in talks to combine UK operations.
3. Guess opens two new stores in Australia.
4. Chadstone store sales rebound following renovations.
5. Higher prices boost McDonalds first quarter performance.
6. Sainsbury’s buys Walmart’s Asda to create UK’s biggest supermarket group.
7. Woolworths does better than Coles in third quarter.
8. JB HiFi downgrades forecast on Good Guys sales drop.
9. Apples quarterly results up.
10. Coca Cola invests in Barista Bros dairy brand.
11. Amazon to open second fulfilment centre in Sydney’s Moorebank.
12. Super Group maintains margins despite difficulties for BCF division.
13. Holidays and warm weather adds to Big-W difficulties.
14. Esprit to close Australia/New Zealand operations by end 2018.
15. 7-Eleven unveils new strategy with food-on-the-go a major component.
16. Sephora’s new store opening in Robina Centre attracts 300m queue.