Latest Retail News – 5/5/2019
1. Four’n’Twenty Pies to be sold in Japan.
2. Former Myer CEO, Richard Umbers, joins Kaufland.
3. Proposed merger between Sainsburys and ASDA blocked.
4. Queensland bans outdoor junk food advertising in bid to tackle obesity.
5. Amazon doubles quarterly income.
6. Flight Centre shares plummet as poor conditions plague travel sector.
7. JB HiFi reaffirms 2019 guidance.
8. Coles website down for 3 days.
9. Online made-to-measure suit company, InStitchu, opens in David Jones stores.
10. Supermarkets lose liquor share to independants.
11. Ikea opens first small format store in Sydney with no checkouts.
Articles Worth A Read – 5/5/2019
Are you catering for drunk shoppers? - https://www.powerretail.com.au/insights/cheers-are-you-catering-to-the-drunk-shopper-demographic/
How to come up with completely new innovations - https://hbr.org/2019/01/when-your-moon-shots-dont-take-off?hideIntromercial=true&kwp_0=1098053