Latest Retail News – 20/10/2019
1. Myer to open Harry Potter store in Melbourne.
2. Bunnings to launch Marketlink online in November.
3. Salvos, Vinnies, and Red Cross team up with store in major Sydney Shopping Centre that accepts clothing to reduce textile landfill.
4. Coles, Aldi and Woolworths pledge to end customer abuse of staff.
5. Strandbags owner invests $8m in new luggage start-up.
6. Nick Scali foot traffic and sales plummet in first quarter.
7. Reject Shop says same store sales grow.
8. Aldi opens three new stores in China.
9. David Jones opens its first standalone food store in Chapel St. South Yarra.
10. Frank Lowy gets out of Australian retail property industry.
11. Clothing retailer Hallenstein Glasson selects pre-loved clothing from around the world at its first vintage concept store in Australia.
12. Hong Kong street front rents plunge 50% due city unrest.
13. Woolworths trials 20c paper bags for forgetful shoppers.
14. Major retailers look at systems to treat food waste including machines that convert waste into fertiliser overnight.