Latest Retail News – 24/3/12
1. Starbucks estimate their customers are worth $14,000 ea. in repeat business.
2. David Jones reports 19.6% drop in first half profit and says could be 40% in full year.
3. Russian coffee house offers free coffee but charges by the minute for time spent.
4. IBISworld says pet shops the most recession proof retailers in US.
5. Rising petrol prices expected to react adversely with consumer sentiment.
6. Perfume Connection’s future uncertain after closing 15 stores, blaming online.
7. Commonwealth Bank’s Business Sales Indicator (card usage) rises modestly in Feb.
8. Aussie gelato chain, Gelatissimo, expands to Middle East.
9. Kathmandu ends stellar run with 40% drop in first half profit after heavy discounting.
10. Oroton defies industry trends and reports 4% increase in profit for first half.
11. Malaysian shoe store offers dates to females who buy shoes with men paying part of the purchase price in return for the date.
12. High profile US fashion store, J.Crew, extends its online offering to Australia.