Latest Retail News – 14/12/20121. MYOB survey reveals Small Business pessimism deteriorates.
2. Mastercard research shows 98% of online customers prefer Australian suppliers.
3. ACCC launches new smartphone app to advise customers on their rights.
4. Latest ABS figures show household saving remains at record levels.
5. McDonalds report November sales growth positive after October decline.
6. Gucci owners buy majority share in major Chinese jewellery brand Qeelin.
7. Swedish fashion group H&M to introduce used clothing recycling instore.
8. UK online fashion store, Asos, says it is sending 4 jumbo jets of goods to Australia each week.
9. Booktopia declared most loved store in 2012 after 65,000 customer reviews.
10. Good Guys partner with PayPal in new customer payment options.
11. Lend Lease to carry out a $1 billion revamp of Sydney's convention and entertainment centre precinct including a retail component.
12. Eleven retail trade associations join to form Australian Retail Group.
13. Collins Booksellers open first hospital bookshop at RNS Hospital, Sydney.
14. UK based international fashion house, Asos, reports 30% sales growth year on year.
15. Kogan branches out with mobile phone service offer.
16. Westpac advise consumer confidence down 4% in December.
17. Dan Murphy’s introduce “Click & Collect” enabling online ordering and instore collection.