Latest Retail News – 22/12/2012
1. Boost Juice partners with coffee chain Cibo
2. ACCC likely to approve new casual licensing
code for shopping centres.
3. Myer launches new loyalty app and digital gift
4. Ibisworld predicts clothing will contract by
2.3% per year over 5 years.
Leading international fashion label, Ted Baker,
will open its fourth Australian store in Adelaide next year.
Boost Juice is to try entering the Chinese market
again after terminating an unsuccessful franchise arrangement in May this year.
7. McDonalds warned over spam email activity.
8. Cotton On fined $1m for selling unsafe
children's nightdresses and pyjamas.
9. Billabong shares dive following renewed
10. Stationer, WHSmith, has opened its first
dedicated children’s store at Melbourne Airport under new brand, Zoodle by WHSmith.
11. EFTPOS to offer special rewards to
encourage card use in restaurants.
12. ARA and Roy Morgan Research predict
1% rise in post Boxing Day sales over last year.
13. ACCC blocks Carsales.com takeover
of Trading Post business.
14. Gen Y (18-24 year olds) dominate
online purchasing in Australia.