Latest Retail News – 21/7/2013
1. BUPA renames its 26 Blink Optical stores to BUPA Optical.
2. The Byron Cookie Company sold to pasta maker Rinoldi.
3. ACCC challenges Coles on par-baked bread sold as freshly baked in-store.
4. Australian franchisors Sumo Salad plan expansion into North and South America.
5. NZ Apple retailer, Youbee, closes 4 of its 9 stores to restore profitability.
6. Chocolatier, San Churro, reports average $30,000 weekly revenue across 33 Australian stores.
7. Swedish entertainment group launches kids entertainment headsets used while parents do supermarket shopping.
8. CEO leaves Billabong as part of takeover deal.
9. Online clothing giant, ASOS, launches premium 2 day delivery service.
10. McDonalds opens first franchise in Vietnam.
11. Shoes of Prey and Myer named as finalists in 7th Annual World Retail Awards.
12. KFC to test slightly more upmarket restaurant in US without the colonel’s logo.
13. Woolworths hardware business, Masters, incurs greater losses than expected.
14. PayPal pushes mobile payment options into cafes and restaurants.