1. Amazon preparing to launch its UK subsidiary, The Book Depository, in Australia.
2. Online craft marketplace, Etsy, opens first physical store in Macy’s.
3. International skincare retailer, Origani, to open first street store in Swanston St.
4. Chinese firms ordered to pay damages for false rumours about deformed chickens at KFC.
5. Luxury retailer Michael Kors beats market expectations and shares soar.
6. Dick Smith CFO departs as massive restructuring takes place.
7. Woolies hit with $3million penalty for stocking hazardous goods.
8. H&M opens 10th Australian store at Pacific Fair on Gold Coast.
9. Australian Bureau of Statistics confirms December retail sales 4% higher than previous year with Victoria leading the states.
10. Coca Cola launches new tea drink.
11. Myer links with emerging designer, Interval, to target 18-40 year old fashion conscious women.
12. Nick Scali records big profit jump in half year results.
13. Indonesia’s highest court says local company can keep trading as Ikea despite Swedish giants protest.
14. Jodhi Meares opens first pop-up athleisure store at Doncaster.
15. Sainsbury’s outperforms its supermarket rivals in UK.
16. Nestle brand, KitKat, has become the first global confectionery brand sourced from 100 percent certified sustainable cocoa.
17. Mars to remove artificial colours from its confectionary range.
18. Australian online tailor, Instichu, opens 3rd physical store in Brisbane.
19. Myer renames its returns policy – “The no regrets policy”.
20. Kelly Slater’s “Outer Known” brand to launch in Australian retailers.
21. Dubai to proceed with world’s largest mall despite global downturn.
22. UK’s Tesco buys coffee chain, Harris & Hoole.
23. Over 100 cases of salmonella reported in lettuce scare.
24. Nestle terminates sponsorship of world athletics governing body over drug scandal.
25. David Jones says performing above expectations despite profit fall.
26. Woolworths launches “Click & collect” at Sydney railway station.