Latest Retail News – 22/5/2016
1. Lego promotion at Perth shopping centre generates huge PR response.
2. Lord of the Fries opens 11th store in Sydney.
3. Over 1,000 Melbourne CBD stores take part in Shop The City promotion commencing 18th May.
4. Companies becoming insolvent up 18% largely in mining and retail.
5. Government plans to extend GST on online purchases to any overseas business turning over more than $75,000 p.a.
6. Gucchi and Michael Kors quit International Anti-counterfeiting Council over admission of Alibaba.
7. 7-Eleven axes independent claims panel as wage claims escalate.
8. Nike and Stylerunner take out top customer service awards.
9. Disney sales disappoint share market.
10. Country Road asks design students to create winning shop windows.
11. Cotton On opens its biggest flagship store in South Africa.
12. DFO adds 22 retailers to South Wharf re-development.
13. Google faces massive European fine for promoting its own retail services in preference to others.
14. A cheese made in Nowra for Aldi wins Australia’s best cheese award.
15. Cash withdrawals from ATMs fall as consumers choose card transactions.
16. Coles new milk brand will push 20c/litre into independent dairy industry fund.
17. Softer sales for Beacon Lighting.
18. Alibaba suspended from International Anti-counterfeiting Council.
19. Nordstrom reveals disappointing first quarter results.
20. JB HiFi considers takeover of Good Guys.
21. Coca Cola says Federal election not helping business.
22. Myer to close Wollongong and Orange stores in NSW.