The new trader election system to be released this week will provide significant improvements in the way traders contribute to renewal. We encourage you to attend one of the short information sessions that will be conducted by traders on Tuesday 17th, Wednesday 18th, or Thursday 19th (2 sessions) this coming week.
Two key aspects of trader involvement will benefit from the formation of the new Trader Representative Committee.
- Firstly, traders will elect 27 representatives which will spread the workload and enable us to be more professional in our information gathering, analysis, and presentation to QVM and other relevant bodies.
- Secondly, having 2 representatives in each of 13 new market precincts will enhance the communication chain. Traders know how difficult it can be to leave your stall/shop to pursue issues at the office or with a representative at the other end of the market. Having two representatives in your aisle/hall or an adjoining aisle/hall can only assist that process.
There is more to learn about how this new system will work and how you can participate. Short information sessions will be conducted by trader representatives at the Engagement Hub 452 Queen St. as follows -
- Tuesday 17th May 2016 - 2:30pm.
- Wednesday 18th May 2016 - 10:30am.
- Thursday 19th May 2016 - 2:30pm.
- Thursday 19th May 2016 - 3:30pm.
If possible we would like you to book in advance by phone or email - to 03 9320 5822, or by personal attendance at the offices in deli lane or shop F1.
Join your fellow traders in creating a better market.