Latest Retail News – 7/5/2016
1. Victorian menswear brand, Mr. Simple, opens at Melbourne Airport.
2. Woolworths plans to hire 1600 indigenous workers.
3. Roy Morgan Research says fewer Australians eating sweet biscuits.
4. Woolworths sale decline nearly 1% in third quarter.
5. Retailers welcome tax cuts in Federal Budget for small business.
6. H&M announce two new stores at Pacific Werribee and Chadstone.
7. New owner, Kogan, relaunches Dick Smith online.
8. DFO to open at Perth Airport.
9. UK footwear retailer fined for claiming Ugg boots made in Australia.
10. Woolworths criticised for promoting vacuum cleaners as ideal Mother’s Day gift.
11. Convenience store growth outpaces general grocery category.
12. Uniqlo surprises 25 shoppers with mystery flight to Gold Coast to promote new Pacific Fair store.
13. New report identifies changing Aussie food trends. Click here.
14. March retail figures suggest nervous customers.
15. Australia’s first Lego store to open on Gold Coast.
16. Eastland set to expand – again.
17. Lindt to open new chocolate store at Harbour Town on Gold Coast.
18. ACCC successful in action against egg price cartel.
19. Major milk processors and distributors slash milk prices in blow to dairy farmers.
20. Kelloggs sales decline in US.