Latest Retail News – 3/6/2017
1. Online shoe retailer, Styletread, hits $100m revenue milestone.
2. Alibaba says revenue up but profit down.
3. Herringbone and Rhodes & Beckett sell off stock with hope of creating clean slate for potential buyers.
4. New giant aircraft introduced by Qantas to help boost Australia Post delivery facilities.
5. Marks & Spencer reports big profit drop as it spends on turnaround.
6. Ansell sells its condom business to China for $800m.
7. Gatwick Airport installs 2,000 beacons to assist with way-finding.
8. Retail Apparel Group (Tarocash, yd., Rockwear) sold to South African retailer.
9. Retailers on ASX experience share price plunge following Topshop failure.
10. LVMH cosmetics store, Sephora, will open its 5th NSW store at Macarthur Square in June.
11. Godfrey’s says declining sales will hit profit.
12. New fashion players like Boohoo and Asos are able to bring designs to sale in one or two weeks.
13. Booktopia named national Bookseller of the Year again.
14. Pacific Werribee Shopping Centre to open new fresh food centre as it completes $400m refurbishment.
15. Michael Kors to close over 100 stores as it moves to improve profitability.
16. Perth coffee shop bans takeaway cups.