Latest Retail News – 18/11/2018
1. Walmart beats Amazon in online groceries.
2. Nick Abboud named CEO of Cheap As Chips.
3. Sydney Fish Market to be modernised. – (more here)
4. 85,000 retail jobs disappear from Britain’s high streets in first 9 months of the year.
5. Woolworths to sell its fuel business for $1.7b.
6. Australians expected to spend $51b in Christmas holiday period.
7. Harrolds boutique to close at Crown.
8. Woolworths launches Christmas collectibles promotion.
9. Coles opens its first new small format store in Melbourne.
10. Myer launches “Naughty or Nice” campaign.
11. Roger David attracts no buyers – will close by Christmas.
12. Click Frenzy site crashes – sale extended.
13. Myer issues trading halt following rumoured sales decline.
14. Cotton On to open first New York store in 2019.
15. Walmart reports 43% jump in e-commerce sales.