Latest Retail News – 4/11/2018
1. Overall consumer spending slows in September except for retail which shows 1% growth.
2. Skechers posts record quarterly sales largely thanks to foreign markets.
3. Baby formula frenzy causes Coles and Woolworths to set new limits on purchases.
4. Proctor & Gamble reports highest sales growth in 5 years.
5. Ibisworld says Max Brenner collapse is sign of over-saturated food category.
6. Red Rooster adds alcohol to its delivery service.
7. Officeworks to sell customised clothing.
8. Debenhams to close up to 50 stores.
9. Administrators say Roger David likely to be rescued.
10. Investment firm to relaunch Pumpkin Patch.
11. Redbubble buys out US rival.
12. Coles convenience stores to go for meal kits, speedier deliveries, and smaller stores.
13. Darrell Lea acquires Heritage Fine Chocolates.
14. Shell opens un-manned convenience store.
15. Italian coffee group Massimo Zanetti buys Melbourne-based company, The Bean Alliance.
16. Retail property market cooling.
17. Swedish outdoor brand, Fajellraven, opens first Southern Hemisphere store in Australia.
18. New GST regulations impact on Kogans profit. Shares hit.
19. Myer hires ex Tourism Australia executive as Chief Customer Officer.
20. 13% of Adairs sales now online.
21. Woolworths first quarter sales hit by plastic bag ban and Coles Little Shop promotion.
22. Melbourne Cup expected to drive 6% growth in specialty sales.
23. Starbucks to open 2,100stores in 2019.