Latest Retail News – 16/6/2019
1. Woolworths invests $30m in Marley Spoon home delivered food kit service.
2. Walmart introduces home delivery direct to your fridge.
3. German startup, Infarm, raises $100m to expand its in-store modular farms to grocery stores in US.
4. Wesfarmers to purchase online retailer, Catch, for $230m.
5. Amazon ready to launch 30 minute drone deliveries up to 15 kilometres.
6. NAB says retail “clearly in recession”.
7. Target Australia’s comparable sales fell 2.3% for 5 months to May.
8. Coles cuts 450 jobs and re-arranges management.
9. Bunnings will have full online offer by Christmas.
10. Topshop parent saved from closing in new deal with creditors and landlords including reduced rent.