Time for some key statistics -
- Google’s +1 button is used 5 million times a day. Source: Huffington Post
- There are 2.7 billion “likes” per day on Facebook. Source: Digital Trends
- The Ford Explorer Launch of Facebook generated more traffic than a super bowl ad. Source: SMBPlans
The statistics for digital communication are mind-boggling and focussing on smart phone usage in Australia is equally impressive.
- In June 2011 roughly 25% of the Australian population had a smart phone. By June 2012 that figure was 49% and now it will be considerably more.
- 78% of smart phone users check their email on their phone. Source: Business Insider.
- 94% of Australian smart phone users have used their phones to research a product or service. Source: Google Blog
- 63% of Australian smart phone users have performed a search after seeing an offline ad. Source: Google Blog
And the use of social media is becoming a very significant marketing tool.
- Tourism Australia's Facebook page is the largest Facebook page in Australia and the most popular tourism destination page on the planet. Source: European Travel Commission.
Have Your Say - click here