1. CBRE says international retailers have lifted Australian CBD rents by 12% in 2015.
2. David Jones awarded first place for the ‘New or Completely Renovated Full-line Department Store’ in international competition.
3. Woolworths to drop 33 year old “Homebrand” label in favour of “Essentials”.
4. Sumo Salad and Sneakerboy receive innovation awards from international consultancy.
5. Alibaba set to surpass Wal-Mart as world’s largest retailer.
6. One of the world’s largest sport retailers, Decathlon, to enter Australian market.
7. All Dick Smiths stores will close by April 30th.
8. Solomon Lew, is set to become Australia’s first inductee into the World Retail Hall of Fame.
9. Myer, The Good Guys, Shoes of Prey, Kikki K and Stylerunner are all finalists in the World Retail Awards to be announced April 14th in Dubai.
10. McDonalds plans Asian expansion with flexibility to adjust for local cuisine.