Latest Retail News – 29/10/2016
1. US Home Depot chain credits its resilience to $4b spent on improving e-commerce and adjusting its stores for online.
2. GAP to shut all UK Banana Republic stores.
3. Woolworths links with Bendon to sell exclusive underwear range.
4. Terry White / Chemmart merger approved by shareholders.
5. Supercheap Auto says Masters clearance is hurting their sales.
6. Declining jobs and share market combines for reduced consumer confidence in October.
7. Peter Jackson menswear set to reach 50 store milestone.
8. Coles and Target show slower sales in first quarter.
9. Childrenswear retailer, Pumpkin Patch appoints administrators.
10. US jewellery chain, Alex & Ani, to open 9 stores in Australia by Christmas.
11. Administrator looking for buyer for Pumpkin Patch.
12. Sunglasses Hut to open new 100sqm concept store in Bourke St Mall.
13. Melbourne’s International Airport to get major retail makeover.
14. Woolworths lifts food sales for first time since 2014/15.