Retail News One-liners 11/2/2018
1. Wesfarmers takes a $1.3b writedown on Bunnings UK and Target.
2. Amazon posts largest profit in its history.
3. Woolworths takes lead in war with Coles.
4. Nick Scali to cut its Sofas2Go brand.
5. 7-Eleven Japan has more than 20,000 stores.
6. BP’s annual profit more than doubles.
7. Tapestry buys back Coach shops in Australia & NZ.
8. Myer sales fell by 6.5% in key stock-take sale month of January.
9. Underwear giant, Hanes, buys Bras’n’Things.
10. Michael Hill to withdraw from US and reposition Emma & Roe subsidiary.
11. David Jones to open second store in NZ.