1. Senator Xenophon to launch national enquiry into retail leasing.
2. Chinese equity firm buys Pizza Express.
3. Coles starts up new financial services division.
4. Regulator tells Woolworths to stop calling itself a bank.
5. Priceline awarded ARA Retailer Of The Year Award 2014.
6. Burberry reports high demand out of China.
7. UK sports brand, Sports Direct, to open 3 stores in Australia.
8. The Winning Group, Dick Smith and Catch of the Day have been nominated in the 2014 World Retail Awards.
9. Coles expands its Mix clothing range in supermarkets.
10. Apple to accept trade-ins on its products.
11. G-Star Raw opens in India.
12. US retail sales up slightly in June.
13. Visa sets up new online payment service to rival PayPal.
14. Federal Court approves sale of DJ’s to South Africa’s Woolworths.
15. Carbon tax price reductions will be scrutinised by ACCC.
16. 8000 counterfeit cosmetics seized in Sydney raid.
17. AMP unveils new fresh food market concept at its Macquarie Centre re-development.
18. CEO of Britain’s troubled supermarket giant, Tesco, leaves.
19. Marks & Spencer to enter Vietnam.
20. Scotch whisky company, Ballantines, to launch fresh food bar that supplies ingredients for cocktails.
21. Kogan moves into Sports & Fitness category.
22. Kresta Blinds has Chinese takeover offer.
23. McDonalds profit misses expectations in 2nd Quarter.
24. Topshop opens 2nd store in Hong Kong.
25. Australian bag brand, Crumpler, expands presence in Asia.
26. Fosters blames Federal Budget for sharp drop in Australian beer sales.