We have deliberately avoided posting on the unfortunate smell emanating from the top end of String Bean Alley and L shed with the expectation that a stray smell should be easily corrected. But many months have now passed since this first became an issue and traders and customers are still being subjected to an unacceptable assault on their senses.
POSTSCRIPT: Good news. Management have advised the following action this afternoon -
· - A supplementary external Tank will be installed between the Coffee Container and the ATM container on the 16th July.
· - Devi Plumbing will be onsite at 2.30pm this afternoon to confirm the final measurements and installation requirements.
· - The four waste pipes (from the Coffee Container) will be connected to the External Tank, which will be “airtight”.
· - Metal Screens will be installed on either side of the Tank to restrict access to non-authorised personnel.
· - The Stormwater Drain in the area will be sealed and made redundant.