Latest Retail News – 19/3/2017
1. Menswear retailer, Wolf Kanat, bucks trend and opens new retail store in Sydney’s Mid City Centre.
2. Embattled US department store, Sears, posts $2b (yes billion) loss.
3. New deal gives Woolworths access to European private label goods.
4. Luxury Italian brand, Furla, achieves strong growth.
5. Bunnings UK opens online store.
6. German hypermarket, Kaufland, announces plans for Australia.
7. High-end US department store, Neiman Marcus, up for sale.
8. Topshop launches its Australian online store.
9. Australia Post tests new 3 wheel electric delivery vehicles in Hobart as parcel volumes rise.
10. Myer says sales in January and February “below expectations”.
11. French Connection makes loss for fifth consecutive year.
12. Eco-friendly products push cosmetics industry to new heights.