Latest Retail News – 8/12/2019
1. Woolworths to defend employee “under payment” claims.
2. Australian distillery Four Pillars Gin wins 2019 International Gin Producer of the Year in London.
3. Chadstone Shopping Centre plans $685m expansion.
4. Tech & supplements top performers in Amazon Black Friday sale.
5. Caltex rejects service station offer from Canadian suitor.
6. The Iconic to focus on sustainability.
7. Smith’s creates Lamington flavoured chip.
8. Australian fashion retailer, Bardot, enters voluntary administration due to a ‘highly cluttered’ and ‘increasingly discount-driven market’.
9. Fashion chain, Glue, opens its biggest store yet.
10. Coles to fork out more of milk profits to farmers following ACCC intervention.
11. Bunnings online marketplace selling appliances and bedding.
12. Asia expected to account for 45% of global retail sales in 2020.
Articles Worth A Read:
The Art Of Retailing - https://www.insideretail.com.au/news/precursor-to-profitability-the-real-art-of-retailing-201912
The Dangers Of Black Friday - https://www.insideretail.com.au/news/a-sugar-hit-that-could-do-long-term-damage-201912
Social Conscience In Retailing - https://www.forbes.com/sites/hankcardello/2019/11/26/is-walmart-americas-new-social-conscience/#354d0dab283e