1. Commsec card data shows improvement in December retail sales.
2. Ikea plans worldwide expansion on the back of soaring profits.
3. Australia’s surging dollar makes online buying even more attractive to consumers.
4. Woolworths launches its own daily deal website – Door Buster.
5. In the 12 months to September 2011 Australians spent $40.5 Billion on outbound travel.
6. 80% of book sellers reported improved December sales over 2010 following demise of Borders and Angus & Robertson.
7. Booming WA continues to leave other states behind.
8. Smartphones expected to drop significantly in price in 2012 giving more consumers access to mobile shopping.
9. Pumpkin Patch warns Australian landlords that any rent increases are unacceptable in the current environment.
10. Franchised Food Company (Mr. Whippy, Nutshack etc.) warns landlords about rent gouging.
11. MacQuarie Securities declare Harvey Norman franchise fee structure unsustainable in tough times.
12. Huge crowds (70,000) joined Adelaide’s Rundle Mall’s first opening on Australia Day.