1. Belgian food retailer Delhaize closes 20 European stores and 113 US stores due downturn.
2. After positive signs in November, US retail sales fell flat in December with a paltry 0.1% increase.
3. Study shows one in three Britons used mobile phones to help them buy presents in the Christmas lead-up.
4. Under-performing department store retailer David Jones and electronics retailer Harvey Norman have been identified as likely private equity targets.
5. Priceline optimistic about 2012 after 7% lift in December sales.
6. Victorian Government makes it easier for bulky goods retailers to enter shopping centres with new planning rules.
7. Katies, Millers, La Senza group could close up to 120 stores following poor 2011.
8. Pumpkin Patch is to quit its UK operations following severe losses.
9. Google, Microsoft post hefty profits while Sony-Ericsson suffers huge loss.
10. All 4 Australian supermarket brands show improved customer satisfaction with Aldi at top.