Latest Retail News – 12/05/2012
1. Centro Retail reports minimal 1.2% sales increase for first quarter but expects rate cut to improve picture.
2. Accessories retailer, Oroton, launches first ever apparel collection at Sydney event.
3. NAB reports online sales up 19% year on year.
4. Convenience stores association slams regulation that prevents sale of alcohol.
5. ABS statistics suggest retail industry recovery confirmed by March statistics.
6. Australian National Retailers Association says March retail figures just a statistical blip.
7. Walmart asks its customers to select new products for inclusion in stores.
8. Dominos launch pizza ordering on Facebook.
9. David Jones axes Home & Food and Marketing Group Executives in restructure.
10. Young workers allowed to work after school after court throws out union appeal.
11. Sony reports $6 billion global loss.