Latest Retail News – 19/05/2012
1. Boston Consulting group say Australian consumers among most financially insecure in developed world.
2. Choice Magazine urges ACCC to investigate Australian retailers attempting to block cheaper prices online.
3. David Jones Company Secretary follows other senior staff leaving the company.
4. Gaming retailer, Game, placed in hands of liquidator.
5. Furniture retailer Nick Scali expects 22% profit drop this year.
6. Seven in ten Australian retailers put major business decisions on hold.
7. Australian Retailer of the Year awarded to Dan Murphy’s.
8. Retravision holds emergency meetings with members to discuss cash flow issues.
9. Electronics giant, Samsung, launches chain of apparel, shoes and accessories stores.