Compensation For Music Week
The cut off point for traders to make compensation claims for Music Week disruption is this coming Tuesday 16th December.
Trader Representatives have made a blanket claim for rent relief for traders who traded on the two Sundays in J,K, and L sheds between the MMW stage area and the bottom walkway and we are waiting on a response from management. However individual traders who believe they have a claim for lost business need to apply in writing by mail to The Manager, QVM Pty. Ltd., 513 Elizabeth St. Melbourne, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Circumstances that may justify a claim include -
1. Permanent Traders who were displaced by Music Week and could not be offered equivalent space.
2. Permanent Traders who could not be offered any space and went home.
3. Permanent Traders who were relocated multiple times throughout the event.
4. Permanent Traders who suffered from disrupted customer flow caused by aisle closures - e.g. J shed traders.
5. Casual Traders who could reasonably expect to trade but were sent home or discouraged from attending the market.
Traders who believe they have a claim will need to provide supporting evidence including sales figures and historical trading data.