Latest Retail News – 27/3/2016
1. Specialist accounting firm warns there are more retailers to join Dick Smiths and Laura Ashley in liquidation.
2. Kogan buys Dick Smiths online business.
3. Ex Optus boss joins Telstra’s retail team.
4. French Connections spring and summer ranges fail to impress – profit down.
5. British department store, Liberty, launches its fashion branded accessories at David Jones.
6. Nordstroms expect online sales to reach 30% of turnover by 2020.
7. Dan Murphy’s claim 50% of the online liquor market.
8. Amazon leases another 20 Boeing 767 cargo jets as part of its delivery fleet.
9. Myer reports lower profit on higher sales.
10. Mon Purse expands its leather range to 5 more Myer stores.
11. Smiggle helps Premier Investments first half profit up.
12. Oroton’s half year profit up by 72.5% on back of 12% rise in turnover.
13. Reject Shop outsources its distribution centre.
14. Kathmandu bounces back to profit following more cost cutting and less discounting.
15. Luxury Italian brand, MaxMara, opens at Sydney Airport.
16. Ibisworld says specialty chocolate stores on the rise.
17. Former Liberty UK General Manager joins Harrolds.
18. Pumpkin Patch reports first half loss.
19. ARA says Easter penalty rates are crippling retail.
20. Amazon sues ex logistics chief after taking on job with rival Target.
21. Movenpick opens its largest Australian ice-creamery in George St. Sydney.
22. 70% of Australian retailers say they are not worried by arrival of international retailers.
23. CoM seeks to appoint new Program Manager – Engagement & Partnerships, at QVM.