The 2016 BRW Rich 200 List came out recently and includes a number of retail names although strangely we could not find one market trader –
1. Frank Lowy, Westfield co-founder ranks third with $8.62 billion.
2. John Gandel part owner of Chadstone Shopping Centre ranks fifth.
3. Solomon Lew of Premier Investments - Just Jeans, Portmans, Dotti, Peter Alexander, Jay Jays, Smiggle and Jaqui e.
4. Gerry Harvey of Harvey Norman.
5. Jack Cowin – Domino’s Pizza.
6. Russell Withers – 7 Eleven.
7. Nigel Austin – Cotton On Group.
The highest ranking newcomer to this year’s list is Manny Stuhl and family who own Moose Toys, the Melbourne company responsible for the hit toy, Shopkins.