Latest Retail News – 12/6/2016
1. Emporium wins international marketing award.
2. Flight Centre issues profit warning.
3. David Jones announces a host of senior management changes.
4. Write-downs and restructuring of Target to severely impact on Wesfarmers profit.
5. Food & Beverage demand in major shopping centres continues to grow.
6. Small Business vote considered important in marginal seats.
7. Harvey Norman launches 3 hour delivery service to all major cities.
8. H&M announce collaboration with French fashion house Kenzo.
9. Penfolds selling $198,000 barrels of exclusive wine to collectors.
10. Patties Foods (Four’n’Twenty etc.) gets $230m takeover offer.
11. Instant coffee sales decline in favour of fresh coffee while Nescafe remains most popular brand.
12. David Jones to open first international store in NZ this July.
13. Kogan expected to make share issue.
14. Burberry looks to social media as key part of turnaround strategy.
15. Eastland launches new Health and Beauty Precinct with flower decorated sanctuary.
16. Patties Foods accepts takeover offer.
17. Dymocks opens Chadstone book store.
18. Economist says get used to slow retail growth.
19. JeansWest opens its first airport store in WA.
20. Johnson & Johnson buys hair-care products maker Vogue International.
21. BP and Caltex rumoured to be interested in Woolworths petrol stations.
22. Woolworths fined $9m for being involved in uncompetitive practices in laundry detergent category.
23. CoM says food is driving Melbourne’s night time economy.
24. Woolworths to replace its “Select” brand.
25. Luxury retailers Furla, Max Mara, Prada and Tiffany & Co. set to open at Pacific Fair Shopping Centre on the Gold Coast.
26. Shaver Shop plans share issue.
27. Ralph Lauren trims stores and staff as sales slump.
28. IKEA plans for online store launch in 2017.
29. Surfstitch heads for loss.
30. Sportscraft fined for trying to water down consumer rights on discounted goods.
31. Amazon launches fresh food deliveries in UK.