Latest Retail News – 23/10/2016
1. Lululemon opens largest Australian store at Chadstone.
2. US retail sales up in September but department stores continue to decline.
3. Caltex confirms it is bidding for Woolworths service station business.
4. Shoes of Prey to close department store outlets including DJ’s and Nordstrom as it refocuses.
5. Cotton On Kids to open flagship store in NZ.
6. Reject Shop predicts soft sales this half year.
7. Bras’n’Things opens new concept store at Chadstone.
8. Sanitarium set to push Weet-Bix into China.
9. Coles and Virgin partner in new frequent flyer scheme.
10. Leading fashionistas abandoning Melbourne’s once coveted shopping strips.
11. Melbourne shopping strips reporting vacancies as high as 20%.
12. Pumpkin Patch says “valueless” as banks refuse finance.
13. Street food concept, Rolld, opens 50th store.
14. China now Australia’s biggest wine market.