Retail News – 22/7/2018
1. Burberry destroys more than A$50m of goods to avoid price denigration.
2. World Cup Soccer and heatwave severely reduces clothing and non-food spend in UK.
3. Amazon’s Prime Day sale a big hit in USA not so much in Australia.
4. Target US have best online sale day this year on Prime Day.
5. 2 hour delivery expected to be the norm by 2028.
6. Website crash plagues Australia’s Amazon Pride Day.
7. Suburban retail vacancies reach 10 year high.
8. David Jones partners with Disney.
9. Huggies and Finish in top Prime Day performers.
10. McDonalds to phase out plastic straws.
11. Rockmans ranks highest on customer service.
12. Coles to roll out smaller neighbourhood stores focused on health foods and artisan products.