Retail News One-liners – 1/7/2018
1. Jamaica Blue franchisees battle owners.
2. Bunnings offer toilet installation service.
3. UK’s Poundworld goes into receivership with 5000 jobs at stake.
4. Convenience stores weigh on Caltex results.
5. Franchisees revolt over future of 50 store Oliver Brown Belgian chocolate business.
6. H&M to open new store in Gold Coast Robina Centre.
7. Aussie retailer iKOU named Retail Store of the Year by Retail Design Institute.
8. Nine West and Bandolino brands sold to Authentic Brands Group.
9. French sports giant, Decathlon, opens first Victorian store at Box Hill South.
10. Supermarkets are getting smaller.
11. One in five shoppers against plastic bag ban.
12. John Lewis offers to buy back clothing.
13. Private label products taking over supermarket shelves.
14. Toys’R’Us Australia to shut down.
15. Woolworths fuel deal with BP abandoned.
16. Michael Hill’s Emma & Roe brand to shut down.
17. Uniqlo to open its 16th Australian store.
18. Woolworths Group owns half alcohol market.
19. Chinese tourists could be key to extended trading hours.
20. City of Melbourne opens Small Business Grant Scheme for 2018.
21. Plastic coffee cups to be banned by 2023.
22. Swimwear brand, Seafolly, takes on Chinese market.
23. Tommy Hilfiger opens 11th Australian store in Sydney.
24. K-Mart exits, CD, DVD market.
25. Woolworths offers free plastic bags for another 10 days.