Latest Retail News - 22/2/2015
1. Walmart beats expectations for 4th quarter.
2. Mexican food chain, Zambrero, plans 150 stores by end 2015.
3. Coles first half sales up by 7%.
4. Choice calls for detailed country of origin labelling following frozen berry scare.
5. Super Retail Group halves first half profit as it re-structures.
6. Westfield credits online mall with $343m sales in first year.
7. Victorian Government plan to increase public holidays criticised by retailers.
8. Coles axes 200 head office jobs.
9. Reject Shop profit drops in first half due poor July/August.
10. JeansWest in copyright battle over G-Star Raw's biker jeans.
11. Quicksilver opens new store/cafe concept called Boardriders.
12. Luxury menswear retailer, Harrolds, introduces womenswear range.
13. Ritchies says refurbished stores enjoy 120% sales increase.
14. Coca Cola first half earnings flat.
15. Patties share price plunge following frozen berry contamination.
16. McDonalds criticised for offering school rebates on student purchases.
17. Dick Smith predicts 10% boost in full year sales.
18. First half loss for PAC Brands following poor earnings in underwear division.
19. Agent Provocateur opens 100th worldwide store in Australia.
20. National Retail Association demands national standards on shop leases.
21. Tesco plans up to 10,000 job losses as it attempts to reverse profit decline.