Latest Retail News – 16/9/2017
1. Aldi sets strict requirements on its Australian suppliers.
2. Craft beers are reviving beveridge sales at Coles & Woolworths.
3. Deloittes say eating out is growing faster than supermarket sales which could become a problem for Coles, Woolworths, and others.
4. Vinomofo launches same day delivery deal with Australia Post as it trumps Dan Murphy’s.
5. Woolworths launches new national “pick-up” service across 970 locations as competition with Amazon hots up.
6. Amazon’s conversion of Whole Foods pays dividends with items selling out.
7. July retail sales hold steady.
8. Myer confirms sales drop and foreshadows store closures.
9. Strong A$ makes us less attractive as a source for popular technology, with Australia now being 25th in the world for iPhone affordability.