1. Hong Kong receives 33% more visitors from China during this year’s New Year celebrations.
2. Mining giant Rio Tinto reports first ever loss.
3. David Jones exits DVD, music and game categories as sales slip.
4. Australian share market reaches its highest level in 4.5 years.
5. UK’s successful department store, John Lewis, axes 325 department managers in new focus.
6. Commonwealth Bank shares hit record high on $3.66 billion half year profit.
7. Westpac consumer sentiment measure hits 2 year high.
8. Parliamentary Committee plans to challenge global giants like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe on why Australian prices are higher than overseas.
9. Adobe knocks 20% of its Australian prices just one day after being summoned to Parliamentary Committee.
10. ACCC tackles Toyota for misleading information on the use of leather in car interiors.
11. Nestle reports slowest annual sales growth in three years.
12. Wesfarmers (Coles, K-Mart, Bunnings) reports 9.3% profit rise in first half.