Latest Retail News – 13/10/2013
1. Topshop opens first store in Perth.
2. Calvin Klein Underwear and Calvin Klein Jeans to unite under one brand.
3. Germany’s billionaires list has three retailers at the top with Aldi’s owner the richest.
4. Salvo’s launch pop-up store with vintage market feel.
5. Walmart launches its own reality TV show to find new product entrepreneurs.
6. Online success, Shoes of Prey, wins international Store Design of the Year award for its bricks’n’mortar concession at David Jones, Sydney.
7. Metcash expands its new Harvest Market fresh food concept in Sydney’s Rouse Hill.
8. NAB survey says business confidence at its highest level since 2010 following coalition victory.
9. Oroton opens its first permanent site in Hong Kong.
10. Macy’s puts its China expansion on hold until it finds out more about the local consumer market.
11. GraysOnline receives record fine for breaching anti-spam laws.
12. Westpac consumer confidence records drop in October following September surge.
13. Australian surfwear retailer, Quicksilver, opens largest store in Jakarta.
14. Kathmandu launches new mobile website.
15. Bright Eyes sunglasses chain (140 stores) sold back to original owners.
16. Australians spent $15 billion on fast food in past 12 months.
17. Pack and Send launch cut price competition with Australia Post in parcel delivery.
18. Coles has signed on Heston Blumenthal while Woolworths has partnered up with Jamie Oliver in new battle for consumers.
19. Reject Store opens its 300th store in Rockdale NSW.