1. Ikea plans to sell solar panels to UK customers.
2. Britain’s biggest retailer, Tesco, reports sales drop across all 10 international markets.
3. Apple and Google replace Coke as world’s best brand.
4. Woolworths upsets farmers with move to phase out caged bird eggs.
5. Liquor retailers, pubs, and sports betting operators expected to benefit from $595m expenditure on AFL and NRL grand finals.
6. New ScanZap app allows smaller retailers to offer fuel discounts in competition with Coles and Woolworths.
7. Reserve Bank leaves cash rate unchanged.
8. TAG Heuer opens flagship store in Brisbane.
9. Cotton On buys Sydney fast fashion retailer, Supre's, 150 stores across Australia/NZ.
10. Japanese fashion giant, Uniglo, confirms it will take space over 4 floors in new Melbourne Emporium centre.
11. IbisWorld says Australian womenswear sector down 2.5% annually since 2009.
12. Fashion designer Nicola Finetti jumps from Myer to David Jones.
13. Australian fashion group, Bettina Liano, rescued by Apparel Group 2 years ago, is back in administration.
14. NAB reports that online spending fell in August after rapid growth in previous months.
15. Australian noodle chain, Noodle Box, opens its second international store in Mauritius.
16. Toy and confectionary business, Funtastic, lifts annual profit by 34%.
17. Australian Bureau of Statistics reports Australian retail sales rose 2.3% in August (see previous note that online sales fell in August).
18. Australia a global leader in cashless payments with only 15%of consumer transactions done in cash (US 20%).
19. Uniglo opens its largest fashion store in Shanghai.