Latest Retail News – 20/10/2013
1. Boost Juice owners consider sale or public listing.
2. Aldi set to expand into South Australia.
3. ACCC backs move to use PINs as sole form of authorisation for credit card transactions and remove signing option by 2015.
4. Michael Hill Jewellers report 8.7% rise in first quarter earnings.
5. Cafe and coffee shop industry expected to continue growth for next 5 years.
6. McCafe concept to be rolled out in India.
7. Productivity Commission says regulators need to do more to reduce red tape for small business.
8. Australia Post and Telstra work together on new postal tracking service from source to destination.
9. Oxfam calls on Target to pay compensation to families of Bangladesh factory fire victims.
10. ACCC warns retailers about sourcing low value unsafe goods from overseas.
11. Ibisworld says ice cream stores expected to continue growth of 2.2% pa over next 5 years.
12. Swedish apparel brand, Cheap Monday, to open stores in China.
13. Myer and Witchery introduce phone apps to replace loyalty cards.
14. Ex CEO of fashion group, Burberry, to join Apple’s retail division.
15. Direct razor blade seller, Dollar Shave Club, to expand its operation in Australia.
16. Coffee Club launches first drive through store as part of re-branding.
17. UK newsagent W.H.Smith plans expansion into India, Malaysia, and Australia.
18. Coles launches contactless credit card that sticks to the back of mobile phones.
19. Woolworths is preparing to submit a final bid for Li Ki-Shing’s ParknShop, the second largest grocery chain in Hong Kong.
20. Indian manufacturer and retailer of tableware, Clay Craft, opens first store in Australia.
21. Burberry records double digit sales growth in Asia-Pacific.
22. Australian Government to abolish Carbon Tax as of July 2014.
23. Costco plans to enter petrol business in competition with Coles & Woolworths.
24. David Jones puts cap on executive salary following reduced profit from Amex credit card arrangement.
25. Australian jewellery store, Status, placed into liquidation.