Retailing In The News – 8/7/2018
1. Noni B completes its $31m acquisition of struggling Specialty Fashion brands, Katies, Millers and Rivers.
2. SA Government meets promise to de-regulate Adelaide shopping hours.
3. Tesco trials “Shop and Go” technology.
4. Australia’s iconic winemaker, Penfolds, to make wine in US’s Napa Valley.
5. Woolies sets up 15 year petrol deal with Caltex.
6. May retail growth “weak”.
7. NZ PM slams “meatless” burgers on NZ airline.
8. In Australia, the use of reuseable containers is not prevented by law.
Roger Federer Changes Camps – Roger Federer caused quite a stir when he rocked up to Wimbledon, not in his usual Nike attire, but sporting Uniqlo’s “Climate-controlling clothes.” Apparently the tennis champ has signed a new $300m deal over 10 years.
Amazon Are Not Just Digital - The now defunct Toys R Us were famous for their glossy mail out catalogs and Amazon in the US have decided to fill the void with, you guessed it, their own traditional toys catalog mail-out.